The death toll in the collapse of an under-construction 11 storey building near suburban Porur rose to 17 even a woman was pulled out alive with head injuries this morning.
The death toll stood at 17 till Monday, DIG (South), National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), SP Selvan, told PTI.
He said rescue operations were on in full swing though there were intermittent rains.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Meanwhile, a woman was pulled out alive this morning from under the debris of the collapsed structure.
Meenammal of Vizianagaram in Andhra Pradesh was admitted to Sri Ramachandra Medical University with a head injury, hospital spokesperson TG Nallamuthu said.
The building had collapsed on Saturday evening, with about 50 people feared trapped inside. Six persons, including two owners and two engineers, had been arrested under various sections of the IPC.