The death toll in the collapse of an under-construction 11 storey building near suburban Porur rose to 17 even a woman was pulled out alive with head injuries this morning.
The death toll stood at 17 till Monday, DIG (South), National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), SP Selvan, told PTI.
He said rescue operations were on in full swing though there were intermittent rains.
Meanwhile, a woman was pulled out alive this morning from under the debris of the collapsed structure.
Meenammal of Vizianagaram in Andhra Pradesh was admitted to Sri Ramachandra Medical University with a head injury, hospital spokesperson TG Nallamuthu said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The building had collapsed on Saturday evening, with about 50 people feared trapped inside. Six persons, including two owners and two engineers, had been arrested under various sections of the IPC.