For the second time in two days, the Airport in Chennai received a bomb threat call on Tuesday, following which security was intensified and checks were carried out at over 20 areas in the premises, police said.
The office of the Director of Chennai Airport received a call at around 5.30 AM on Wednesday, stating that a ‘human bomb’ would explode there, they said.
The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security and police were immediately alerted and intensive checks carried out in over 20 spots within the airport premises, including the cargo section, but the call turned out to be hoax, they said.
Vigil and patrol has been enhanced in and around the airport, police added.
On August 25, a similar call was received at the airport.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Police said special teams had traced the previous threat call to Nagapattinam and are camping there to zero in on the culprit.