For the second time in two days, the Airport in Chennai received a bomb threat call on Tuesday, following which security was intensified and checks were carried out at over 20 areas in the premises, police said.
The office of the Director of Chennai Airport received a call at around 5.30 AM on Wednesday, stating that a ‘human bomb’ would explode there, they said.
The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security and police were immediately alerted and intensive checks carried out in over 20 spots within the airport premises, including the cargo section, but the call turned out to be hoax, they said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Vigil and patrol has been enhanced in and around the airport, police added.
On August 25, a similar call was received at the airport.
Police said special teams had traced the previous threat call to Nagapattinam and are camping there to zero in on the culprit.