The Mumbai Police Crime Branch is expected to file its chargesheet in the Preeti Rathi acid attack and murder case next week. DCP (detection) Ambadas Pote said, “We are finalising the draft of the chargesheet. It will be submitted in the sessions Court on April,10. Special public prosecutor Ujjawal Nikam is going through the details of the chargesheet.”
On May 1, 2013, a man flung sulphuric acid at 25-year-old Delhi native Preeti on Bandra Terminus minutes after she alighted with her family from the Garib Rath. Rathi was to join the Naval Hospital INHS Asvini in Colaba.
She was treated at Masina Hospital in Byculla, and shifted to Bombay Hospital after 17 days. She died on June 1.
The Government Railway Police (GRP), which first investigated the case, arrested Pawankumar Gahalon from Haryana. He was released on bail last year after the police could find no evidence of his involvement. Following a petition from Preeti’s father Amarsingh Rathi, the Bombay High Court instructed the Crime Branch to take over the probe in December last year.
In January, the Crime Branch arrested Preeti’s neighbour, Ankur Panwar (23). A hotel management graduate, Ankur had been unemployed early in 2013. The police said his father would constantly compare him with the more successful Preeti. The police said he had borne a grudge against Preeti ever since.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched