The Pombhurna tiger, that was believed to have killed three people this month, was shot dead by the sharp-shooters of Chandrapur police on Tuesday. The end came at 6.30 pm when the team tracked the tiger in the forest near Dongarhaldi village under the command of Forest Development Corporation of Maharashtra.
The team fired 25 shots of which three hit the tiger, sources told The Indian Express.
The tiger is believed to have killed at least six persons since February this year, one each on February, March and April and three this month. A fatal attack in January, too, is being attributed to the same tiger.
It had killed a man from the village two days ago, forcing the Principal Chief Conservator of Forest (Wildlife) Sarjan Bhagat to issue orders for the tiger to be shot.
“The tracking team had been after the tiger since Sunday and had spotted it a few times. The team had a few lucky escapes as it charged at them. It was found hiding behind the bushes near a nullah and an attempt was made to tranquilise it, but in vain. Finally, the shooters managed to kill the animal,” said Chief Conservator of Forest (Chandrapur) Sanjay Thakre. “It had become very dangerous as its behaviour showed,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The tiger was a full-grown male as against the perception of it being a sub-adult male moving with a sibling and the mother.