Union Minister Nitin Gadkari has told a delegation from Thane that the Centre would sanction the proposed water transport projects in Kalyan, Bhiwandi, Thane, Mumbai and Navi Mumbai to be undertaken by the Maharashtra Maritime Board and the Bombay Port Trust.
According to a release issued by Thane unit of the Shiv Sena yesterday, the delegation comprising senior BJP Sanjay Kelkar, Vinay Sahasrabuddhe, district Shiv sena Chief Ekanth Shinde and others had met union Transport minister Nitin Gadkari on Thursday to discuss various transport projects and other issues.
During the meeting, Gadkari ordered the tender for construction of eight-lane road between toll plaza at Kharigaon to Kalyan junction and also for four-lane road between Kalyan and Murbad road, the release said.
The minister said that he would extend support for getting clearance from the Environment Ministry for the Thane-Kalyan parallel road and Dombivili-Mankoli bridges.
The delegate also met the Minister of State for Railways Manoj Sinha.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016