Union Minister Nitin Gadkari has told a delegation from Thane that the Centre would sanction the proposed water transport projects in Kalyan, Bhiwandi, Thane, Mumbai and Navi Mumbai to be undertaken by the Maharashtra Maritime Board and the Bombay Port Trust.
According to a release issued by Thane unit of the Shiv Sena yesterday, the delegation comprising senior BJP Sanjay Kelkar, Vinay Sahasrabuddhe, district Shiv sena Chief Ekanth Shinde and others had met union Transport minister Nitin Gadkari on Thursday to discuss various transport projects and other issues.
During the meeting, Gadkari ordered the tender for construction of eight-lane road between toll plaza at Kharigaon to Kalyan junction and also for four-lane road between Kalyan and Murbad road, the release said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The minister said that he would extend support for getting clearance from the Environment Ministry for the Thane-Kalyan parallel road and Dombivili-Mankoli bridges.
The delegate also met the Minister of State for Railways Manoj Sinha.