A 27-member celebrity cricket team floated by Kerala film artistes, Kerala Strikers, was offloaded from a Hyderabad-bound Indigo flight at Kochi airport on charges of “misbehaving with crew and creating unruly scene in the flight’’.
Indigo is the travel partner of the Kerala Strikers. The team got stranded at the Kochi airport Friday afternoon, but some of them left for Hyderabad, where they have a match on Saturday, in other flights.
Film artiste and Kerala Strikers team member Edavela Babu said they have not misbehaved with anyone. “After in-flight announcements, we clapped as a mark of travelling together. Soon an air-hostess raised a protest against our action and complained to the pilot, who immediately asked us to deplane,’’ said Babu.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He said the flight crew should not have reacted in such a manner since the Kerala Strikers is their client.
Indigo spokesman was not available for comment, but airport police said the pilot of the flight has given a statement which said the 27-member team created unruly scene minutes before the flight was to take off. They also misbehaved with the crew. Hence, they were offloaded. This was not a complaint seeking action against anyone, but the airlines wanted to inform the police.