A 27-member celebrity cricket team floated by Kerala film artistes, Kerala Strikers, was offloaded from a Hyderabad-bound Indigo flight at Kochi airport on charges of “misbehaving with crew and creating unruly scene in the flight’’.
Indigo is the travel partner of the Kerala Strikers. The team got stranded at the Kochi airport Friday afternoon, but some of them left for Hyderabad, where they have a match on Saturday, in other flights.
Film artiste and Kerala Strikers team member Edavela Babu said they have not misbehaved with anyone. “After in-flight announcements, we clapped as a mark of travelling together. Soon an air-hostess raised a protest against our action and complained to the pilot, who immediately asked us to deplane,’’ said Babu.
He said the flight crew should not have reacted in such a manner since the Kerala Strikers is their client.
Indigo spokesman was not available for comment, but airport police said the pilot of the flight has given a statement which said the 27-member team created unruly scene minutes before the flight was to take off. They also misbehaved with the crew. Hence, they were offloaded. This was not a complaint seeking action against anyone, but the airlines wanted to inform the police.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016