A JD(U) member in Rajya Sabha, on Tuesday, questioned government’s decision to hold foreign secretary level talks with Pakistan asking what is its policy framework of dealing with that country in the face of “incessant ceasefire violations”.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Pawan Varma (JD-U) said, “19 ceasefire violations have taken place since the new government took place…19 incidents took place in just two months.”
He said these emanate from the terrorist camps in Pakistan and the continuance of ceasefire violations now mean that in winter months, the country is likely to see a great many terrorists in the Valley. Ruing that terrorist activities have risen in the Valley, he also reminded that while BJP had taken a very strong stand against Pakistan prior to Lok Sabha polls, it invited Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif after elections and foreign secretary level talks are happening on August 25.
“There is no composite agenda. We are told it is talks for talks. They have not stopped violations at the LoC and yet we are holding foreign secretary level talks.”
“What is the policy framework of the government in dealing with Pakistan in face of continued and incessant ceasefire violations by that country,” Varma questioned.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More