CBI is all set to take over the probe into the death of former Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde following a road accident here. CBI sources said Home Ministry has recommended handing over the case to the agency and CBI has given consent to take over the probe.
The matter will now be sent to Department of Personnel and Training, under the Prime Minister’s Office, which will issue a formal notification after which CBI will take over the FIR registered by Delhi Police in this connection.
64-year-old Munde, a popular backward class leader from Maharashtra, was on his way to Indira Gandhi Airport on June 3 when his car was hit by another vehicle at Prithviraj road-Tughlak road roundabout in the heart of the capital. Munde died due to shock and hemorrhage following injuries to his neck and liver after the road accident.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The Delhi Police had registered a case against 32-year old driver Gurvinder Singh whose car hit Munde’s vehicle resulting in fatal injuries. BJP leaders from Maharashtra including former party president Nitin Gadkari had sought a CBI inquiry into the death of Munde.
“It is Maharashtra’s public opinion that Munde’s death be probed by CBI,” said state BJP chief Devendra Fadnavis, who along with Gadkari met Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday in this regard. NCP chief Sharad Pawar had also asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi to initiate a CBI probe into the incident to bring out the “facts” and assuage the feelings of the BJP leader’s supporters.