CBI is all set to take over the probe into the death of former Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde following a road accident here. CBI sources said Home Ministry has recommended handing over the case to the agency and CBI has given consent to take over the probe.
The matter will now be sent to Department of Personnel and Training, under the Prime Minister’s Office, which will issue a formal notification after which CBI will take over the FIR registered by Delhi Police in this connection.
64-year-old Munde, a popular backward class leader from Maharashtra, was on his way to Indira Gandhi Airport on June 3 when his car was hit by another vehicle at Prithviraj road-Tughlak road roundabout in the heart of the capital. Munde died due to shock and hemorrhage following injuries to his neck and liver after the road accident.
The Delhi Police had registered a case against 32-year old driver Gurvinder Singh whose car hit Munde’s vehicle resulting in fatal injuries. BJP leaders from Maharashtra including former party president Nitin Gadkari had sought a CBI inquiry into the death of Munde.
“It is Maharashtra’s public opinion that Munde’s death be probed by CBI,” said state BJP chief Devendra Fadnavis, who along with Gadkari met Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday in this regard. NCP chief Sharad Pawar had also asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi to initiate a CBI probe into the incident to bring out the “facts” and assuage the feelings of the BJP leader’s supporters.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016