In a fresh twist to the Badaun double rape-murder case, the CBI has decided to exhume the bodies of the two girls for a fresh autopsy as it feels that proper procedure was not followed while conducting the post-mortem.
CBI sources said the first post-mortem was conducted at night, which is against the procedures. Post-mortem is not conducted after sunset except in emergency cases.
The agency is planning to constitute a medical board before moving a local court for a direction to exhume the bodies. The move comes after the autopsy report of the state government only indicated rape without conclusively proving it. Meanwhile, the CBI continued the polygraph test on the fathers of the two girls.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The brother of one of the girls, who is holding a fast at Jantar Mantar, alleged bias. “The CBI is investigating the case under pressure. We want a fair probe. I will fast till the agency assures my family of a fair investigation,” he said. He said the polygraph test should also be done on the family members of the accused.
A CBI spokesperson said, “We have not concluded the investigation. We will not comment about the allegations.”