The CBI sleuths probing cases like Ishrat Jahan encounter, Aarushi-Hemraj murder and National Rural Health Mission and coal block allocation scams are among 27 medals recipients announced on the occasion of Republic Day. Joint Director STF Nina Singh, a 1989-batch IPS officer from Rajasthan cadre who is probing the NRHM scam in Uttar Pradesh and illegal BSNL lines connections given during the tenure of former Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran, has been given President’s police medal for distinguished service.
Another winner of the medal is Joint Director R S Bhatti, who is heading the special crime unit and is behind initiatives like MoU with IIM-Bangalore and setting up of special unit in the CBI to probe sport fraud cases. Anil Palta, a Jharkhand cadre IPS officer who was heading the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case, was also conferred the award.
DIG Nilabh Kishore, who led the probe in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case and got the accused convicted in the special CBI court, has been given the police medal for meritorious service. DIG Amit Kumar, who is in the core team leading the probe in the coal block allocation scam, is another winner.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
DIG Santosh Rastogi, at present in charge of 2G cases, has been given the police medal for meritorious service. Tosh Kumar, senior private secretary of the CBI Director and R K Gupta, office superintendent at the agency headquarters, are those from the administration who have been given police medals.