A special CBI court on Friday fined the lawyer of Gopinath Pillai for being absent in court in connection with the hearing on the Ishrat Jahan encounter case. The court was to hear the argument of Pillai’s lawyer against the clean chit given to BJP general secretary Amit Shah and former DGP KR Kaushik.
Earlier this week the CBI had filed its reply giving clean chit to Shah stating that it didn’t have sufficient evidence. Following the reply the court had granted permission to the complainant for the argument. Following which Shamshad Pathan, who represents Pillai in the case, had informed the court that his senior would argue the case.
The court had scheduled the case for hearing on May 9. However, Pathan remained absent and his colleague sought time from the court. This was objected by CBI as well as counsels of Shah and Kaushik. The court also pulled up lawyer of Pillai and fined Pathan Rs.500 for non-appearance.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Pillai’s son Pranesh alias Javed Sheikh was killed in the alleged fake encounter along with Ishrat Jahan, Jeeshan Johar and Amjadali Rana in 2004.