A special CBI court on Friday fined the lawyer of Gopinath Pillai for being absent in court in connection with the hearing on the Ishrat Jahan encounter case. The court was to hear the argument of Pillai’s lawyer against the clean chit given to BJP general secretary Amit Shah and former DGP KR Kaushik.
Earlier this week the CBI had filed its reply giving clean chit to Shah stating that it didn’t have sufficient evidence. Following the reply the court had granted permission to the complainant for the argument. Following which Shamshad Pathan, who represents Pillai in the case, had informed the court that his senior would argue the case.
The court had scheduled the case for hearing on May 9. However, Pathan remained absent and his colleague sought time from the court. This was objected by CBI as well as counsels of Shah and Kaushik. The court also pulled up lawyer of Pillai and fined Pathan Rs.500 for non-appearance.
Pillai’s son Pranesh alias Javed Sheikh was killed in the alleged fake encounter along with Ishrat Jahan, Jeeshan Johar and Amjadali Rana in 2004.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016