Reena Narayan, the wife of CBI director Ranjit Sinha, wanted to contest the Lok Sabha elections from Patna Sahib constituency as an independent but could not file her nomination apparently because she could not make it on time on the last day of the process.
Narayan did not confirm or deny the news but her family sources said it was “a decision on second thought that went wrong”.
“She has not filed any nomination,” Sinha told The Indian Express when reached for comment.
Patna District Magistrate N Sravana Kumar, however, confirmed that his office had received an application from a Reena Narayan to contest as an independent at around 2.45 pm, which could not be accepted as the process could not have been completed before the 3 pm deadline.
Sources said Narayan had planned to contest as an independent candidate and even resigned from her government job recently. The formalities required to file the nomination were completed at the last minute which could also have led to the delay, they said.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
The daughter of former IPS officer G Narayan and a former principal of the government scientific school in Patna, Narayan has been living in the Rajinder Nagar area of Bihar’s capital.
“It was a last minute decision or else she could have filed her nomination well before the deadline,” said a source, adding that it was not known if she had taken her husband into confidence about her desire to contest.
All major political parties said Narayan had not approached them for a ticket to contest from Patna Sahib or any other constituency. The BJP’s Shatrughan Sinha is the sitting MP from Patna Sahib.