By: Press Trust of India | New Delhi | Published: May 14, 2015 10:08:09 pm
CBI on Thursday arrested an Assistant Director of Doordarshan, Hanumant Rao, from Vijaywada for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1.5 lakh from a serial Producer for clearing his bills.
CBI sources said they received information that Rao had allegedly asked from a tele-serial producer Rs 1.5 lakh as a bribe for clearing his pending bills.
They said after coming to know that the payment is to be made on Thursday, they carried out a search operation and arrested Rao along with the money.
- CBI arrests Guwahati I-T commissioner for allegedly taking bribe of Rs 50 lakh
- Prasar Bharati vs I&B again: Doordarshan says no to Rs 2.92 crore for private firm
- CBI recovers property, bank documents ‘linked’ to Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain
- Senior GST officer held by CBI for taking bribes to help evade tax
- CBI arrests sub-divisional magistrate office employee while accepting bribe in Delhi
- RAW officer arrested by CBI for taking bribe
The sources said he would be produced before court on Friday.