The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday welcomed the government’s decision to call off Foreign Secretary-level talks with Pakistan and said India will not tolerate any interference in its internal affairs by the neighbouring country.
Though India wants good ties with its neighbours and had also made a new beginning by inviting Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and other heads of states of SAARC nations at Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s swearing-in, it will not allow any interference in its internal matters, BJP Secretary Shrikant Sharma said.
“BJP welcomes the decision on cancellation of talks. Though India wants good relations with its neighbours, it will not tolerate any interference in its internal affairs by anyone,” he said.
He said Modi had taken the initiative of inviting Sharif at his swearing-in and wanted good ties with them, but Pakistan has not kept its promise of not interfering in India’s internal matters.
Pakistan is not sending good signals by meeting separatist leaders in India, he said, adding the step has led to the government taking the bold step of cancelling the Foreign Secretary-level talks between the two nations.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Taking a strong note of Pakistan High Commissioner’s meeting with Kashmiri separatist leaders, India today called off the Foreign Secretary-level talks with Pakistan slated next week and conveyed to the neighbouring country that such things were “not acceptable”.