In a significant decision, the Union Cabinet on Wednesday decided to lift the restriction of one domestic LPG cylinder per month per household. The Cabinet, however, decided to retain the overall cap of 12 subsidised cylinders per year.
“The Cabinet on Wednesday came to a conclusion that this system is causing problem to the people. Sometimes people do not need one, during festive season, (the) demand is more. So, there was a feeling that if someone has not taken one cylinder (in) a given month, then in remaining months he won’t get it,” Telecom and Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said after the Cabinet meeting. ]
“Today, at the Cabinet meeting, looking at the benefit of people, that condition has been done away with. Now they will get 12 cylinders at subsidised rate,” he added.
“Currently, the number of LPG cylinders given to a domestic LPG consumer is 12. Along with this, there is a restriction of one LPG cylinder per month. The government has now decided that while twelve subsidised LPG cylinders per annum will continue to be supplied to all domestic LPG consumers, there will be no separate monthly restriction of one cylinder per month,” a government official said.
“This changes the earlier decision taken on February 28 and removes the restriction that ordinarily only one cylinder be given to each beneficiary every month,” the official said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Centre hopes to “alleviate difficulties faced by the genuine LPG consumers as the consumption of LPG cylinders is never exactly one per month,” he added.