Encouraged by its success in reaching out to people through social networking site Facebook, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has decided to use social networking site Youtube.
“We received tremendous response to our Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) project through Facebook. We have now decided to use Youtube to reach out to people in a better way,” Department of Space secretary K Radhakrishnan told reporters.
He said the younger generation was a major chunk that follows the space agency on social networking sites.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Healthy discussions take place on the Facebook page and most of the people are between the age group of 18-24 years,” Radhakrishnan said.
During the MOM, IRSO also released information related to the project in a capsule form. It also kept updating the mission details on the Facebook page.
Minister of State for PMO V Narayanasamy said ISRO had opened a Facebook page on the MOM, which has received over 3 lakh ‘likes’ so far, while the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) Facebook page received over 39,000 likes in less than a week after its launch.
The Union Minister added the space agency has also started a Twitter account, which already has a large number of followers.
Notably, NASA has a very popular Youtube channel.