A fortnight after BSP chief Mayawati gave a call for Dalit-Muslim unity to defeat the BJP, her party has appointed only Muslims as vice-presidents in most of the districts in the riot-hit region of western Uttar Pradesh.
The party’s district unit has only one post of vice-president. The post of the district president is held by a Scheduled Caste leader while most of the V-Ps in Muzaffarnagar, Shamli, Baghpat, Saharanpur, Sambhal, Amroha, Rampur, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Ghaziabad and Hapur are now Muslims. Sources said the emergence of Muslims in the party organisation in so many districts simultaneously is unprecedented. as the BSP had always given token representation to other communities while keeping the SCs at the helm.
The formula of Dalit president and Muslim vice-president has been implemented in the district units of Mathura, Kushinagar and Sitapur as well. “Now, these V-Ps will be the faces of the BSP among Muslims and will definitely help the party in reaching out to their community,” said a party leader. “We already have leaders like Naseemuddin Siddiqui and Munquad Ali at senior posts. These Muslim faces at district level will send out the message that the party is giving importance to the community,” he said.
Addressing BSP’s Savdhan Maharally in Lucknow on January 15, Mayawati had said there was a need for Dalit-Muslim bhaichara to keep the BJP away from power and urged the Muslims to vote for BSP.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More