Pakistan on Friday handed over a captured Border Security Forces (BSF) jawan to India at border crossing point in Jammu sector. The BSF jawan was swept across the border by a strong current of the Chenab river in Pargwal area of Akhnoor.
Satyasheel Yadav of 33 Battalion’s C Company, was part of a six-member team patrolling the river along the border around noon on Wednesday, sources said, adding that suddenly their boat developed a snag and started drifting towards Pakistan due to the strong current.
Five of them swam to safety while Satyasheel, who does not know how to swim, stayed on the boat and drifted towards Pakistan, sources said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Earlier on Friday, Satyasheel Yadav said that he was happy about going back home and meeting his children and family.
During the interaction with the media, the BSF man also narrated the incident when he was swept away by the strong currents. He further said that he had no complaints.