In the backdrop of the night-long firing by Pakistan Rangers targeting civilians areas and BoPs, BSF troops on Thursday held commandant-level flag-meeting with Rangers along International Border (IB) in Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir, impressing upon each other to respect the ceasefire.
“BSF and Pak Rangers held a flag-meeting in Ramgarh sector of Samba district today,” a police officer said.
The commandant-level flag meeting was held at zero-line between Ballard Post of India and Imran Post of Pakistan this afternoon, he said, adding the Indian side was represented by Commandant of 126 Battalion, Hari Singh.
As per reports, two sides are reported to have impressed each other to respect ceasefire along Indo-Pak border. Barely seven hours after the commandant-level flag meeting to resume derailed talks and prepare ground for sector commander-level flag meeting, Pakistani troops violated ceasefire “again” and resorted to firing on forward Border Out Posts (BoPs) and civilian areas along International Border (IB) in Jammu’s Akhnoor sector.
“There was firing by Pak Rangers on BoPs and civilian areas in Devora forward belt in Pargwal sub-sector of Akhnoor teshil around 2315 hours last night and it continued till 0430 hours today,” police said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
This is the second commandant-level flag meeting in series of meetings scheduled in various affected sectors ahead of formal sector commander (DIG-Brigadier) level meeting to defuse the tension and bring much needed peace on two sides of IB.
India and Pakistan yesterday held a commandant-level flag meeting here to resume the derailed talks following heaviest shelling and firing along IB since 1971 war in Jammu sector, as Pak requested a sector commander level flag meeting to defuse the situation on the border and bring peace.
There have been over ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the Line of Control in recent months.