In the backdrop of the night-long firing by Pakistan Rangers targeting civilians areas and BoPs, BSF troops on Thursday held commandant-level flag-meeting with Rangers along International Border (IB) in Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir, impressing upon each other to respect the ceasefire.
“BSF and Pak Rangers held a flag-meeting in Ramgarh sector of Samba district today,” a police officer said.
The commandant-level flag meeting was held at zero-line between Ballard Post of India and Imran Post of Pakistan this afternoon, he said, adding the Indian side was represented by Commandant of 126 Battalion, Hari Singh.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
As per reports, two sides are reported to have impressed each other to respect ceasefire along Indo-Pak border. Barely seven hours after the commandant-level flag meeting to resume derailed talks and prepare ground for sector commander-level flag meeting, Pakistani troops violated ceasefire “again” and resorted to firing on forward Border Out Posts (BoPs) and civilian areas along International Border (IB) in Jammu’s Akhnoor sector.
“There was firing by Pak Rangers on BoPs and civilian areas in Devora forward belt in Pargwal sub-sector of Akhnoor teshil around 2315 hours last night and it continued till 0430 hours today,” police said.
This is the second commandant-level flag meeting in series of meetings scheduled in various affected sectors ahead of formal sector commander (DIG-Brigadier) level meeting to defuse the tension and bring much needed peace on two sides of IB.
India and Pakistan yesterday held a commandant-level flag meeting here to resume the derailed talks following heaviest shelling and firing along IB since 1971 war in Jammu sector, as Pak requested a sector commander level flag meeting to defuse the situation on the border and bring peace.
There have been over ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the Line of Control in recent months.