Eight BSF personnel, including an officer, were injured when militants attacked their convoy at Pampore in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district, police said today.
Militants opened fire on the BSF convoy at Kadlabal in Pampore town around midnight last night as the security personnel were returning to their camps after performing security duties for the 44-day Amarnath yatra which concluded on Sunday.
The attack came ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the state today.
Eight BSF men including an Assistant Commandant were injured in the attack, the police said, adding the BSF personnel were travelling in two vehicles.
The injured have been admitted to Army’s 92 Base Hospital at Badamibagh here.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016