Eight BSF personnel, including an officer, were injured when militants attacked their convoy at Pampore in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district, police said today.
Militants opened fire on the BSF convoy at Kadlabal in Pampore town around midnight last night as the security personnel were returning to their camps after performing security duties for the 44-day Amarnath yatra which concluded on Sunday.
The attack came ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the state today.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Eight BSF men including an Assistant Commandant were injured in the attack, the police said, adding the BSF personnel were travelling in two vehicles.
The injured have been admitted to Army’s 92 Base Hospital at Badamibagh here.