A 20-year-old girl and her 22-year-old boyfriend were killed allegedly by the girl’s brothers Sunday, hours before she was to be married off to the man chosen by her family.
The girl’s family had organised a dinner Saturday night ahead of her marriage in which the boy and his family were invited, police said. The girl, unwilling to marry the person chosen by her family, fled with the boy to his house around midnight. Following this, two bothers of the girl along with a relative reached the boy’s house at Haladiapadara on the outskirts of the town and asked her return but she refused. They then allegedly killed the couple with sharp weapons in the presence of the boy’s widowed mother.
SP A K Singh said the accused were absconding. The girl’s father was detained.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen