A six-year-old boy fell into an open borewell on Sunday at Sulikeri village, some 15 km from here, following which authorities have launched rescue operation.
“Efforts are on to rescue him,” Bagalkot Deputy Commissioner P A Meghannavar said.
Tipanna Hatti fell into the 300-feet borewell in his father’s sugarcane field while he had gone there with his 12-year-old cousin at around 2.15 pm, Meghannavar said.
Special rescue teams from Hatti Gold Mines have been sought by the district administration to expedite the efforts to rescue him, he said.
The boy is at a depth of 150 feet and rescuers are trying to gain access, he said, adding, at present two earth removal machines are being engaged in the operation.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Oxygen is being supplied into the borwell to keep the boy alive, Meghannavar said. “We could hear the boy calling amma, amma (mother),” he said.
District Incharge Minister S R Patil is also camping at the site, supervising the rescue operations.
On June 17, a four-year-old girl had fallen into an open borewell at Nagathana village, near Bijapur and she was found dead after a 50-hour-long rescue operation.