Bomb blast kills first Indian in Yemen crisis

INS Tarkash, which evacuated about 450 people from Aden harbour on Friday, is carrying his body to Djibouti.

By: Express News Service | New Delhi | Published:April 11, 2015 3:57 am

bomb blast, Yemen blast, bomb blast in Aden, INS Tarkash, india news, nation news, national newsThe conflict in Yemen has claimed its first Indian casualty. Manjit Singh, a resident of Chhattisgarh, succumbed to injuries from a bomb blast in Aden, government sources said on Friday.

Singh was working on the merchant vessel Gulf Dove.

INS Tarkash, which evacuated about 450 people from Aden harbour on Friday, is carrying his body to Djibouti.

Share This Article
Share
Related Article

Government sources said the exact dates of his injury or death have not been confirmed so far.

India had on Thursday concluded its air evacuation operations from Yemen, rescuing another 630 of its citizens from Sanaa and taking the total number of Indians brought home from the war-ravaged country to over 4,640. India has also evacuated around 960 nationals from 41 countries.

Video of the day

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App

    Live Cricket Scores & Results