BJP students’ wing ABVP today wrested control of Delhi University Students Union from Congress’ ABVP,winning three out of the four top posts.
Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) candidate Aman Awana and Utkarsh Chaudhary were elected as president and vice-president respectively. Raju Rawat,also of ABVP,was elected as the joint secretary.
Karishma Thakur of National Students Union of India (NSUI) has been elected as the secretary. The election yesterday saw a turnout of around 40 per cent.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The drubbing for NSUI came just a year after it had swept the students union polls,by winning all three top posts. The campaign this time was dominated by issues such as women security and the new four-year undergraduate programme.
Twelve candidates each for the posts of president and vice president,17 for the post of secretary,and 10 for joint secretary were in the fray for the four major posts of DUSU. The poll result assumes significance as Delhi assembly election is due in November.