BJP students’ wing ABVP today wrested control of Delhi University Students Union from Congress’ ABVP,winning three out of the four top posts.
Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) candidate Aman Awana and Utkarsh Chaudhary were elected as president and vice-president respectively. Raju Rawat,also of ABVP,was elected as the joint secretary.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Karishma Thakur of National Students Union of India (NSUI) has been elected as the secretary. The election yesterday saw a turnout of around 40 per cent.
The drubbing for NSUI came just a year after it had swept the students union polls,by winning all three top posts. The campaign this time was dominated by issues such as women security and the new four-year undergraduate programme.
Twelve candidates each for the posts of president and vice president,17 for the post of secretary,and 10 for joint secretary were in the fray for the four major posts of DUSU. The poll result assumes significance as Delhi assembly election is due in November.