BJP workers held a ‘victory parade’ here today to celebrate the party’s spectacular win in Lok Sabha elections and expressed hope that Narendra Modi would take steps to improve security and development scenario in Jammu and Kashmir.
Dozens of BJP supporters, including women, held a parade from Sher-e-Kashmir Park to Pratap Park in the heart of the city, shouting slogans in support of Modi.
“I am very happy that Modi won. Only he can improve situation in Kashmir and work for the development of the state,” BJP worker Ayesha said.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Another party worker Bashir Ahmad said Jammu and Kashmir needed special attention from Modi as it lacked on every development index.
“We are hopeful that the new Prime Minister will take path-breaking steps like the ones taken by Atal Bihari
Vajpayee during his tenure. A special employment package will help the state come out of its difficulties,” Ahmad said.
The supporters also burst firecrackers inside Pratap Park before dispersing peacefully.