BJP workers held a ‘victory parade’ here today to celebrate the party’s spectacular win in Lok Sabha elections and expressed hope that Narendra Modi would take steps to improve security and development scenario in Jammu and Kashmir.
Dozens of BJP supporters, including women, held a parade from Sher-e-Kashmir Park to Pratap Park in the heart of the city, shouting slogans in support of Modi.
“I am very happy that Modi won. Only he can improve situation in Kashmir and work for the development of the state,” BJP worker Ayesha said.
Another party worker Bashir Ahmad said Jammu and Kashmir needed special attention from Modi as it lacked on every development index.
“We are hopeful that the new Prime Minister will take path-breaking steps like the ones taken by Atal Bihari
Vajpayee during his tenure. A special employment package will help the state come out of its difficulties,” Ahmad said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The supporters also burst firecrackers inside Pratap Park before dispersing peacefully.