The Shyama Prasad Mookerjee Trust has bought a 10-acre farmland in Jhinjholi, a village on the Delhi-Haryana border, to develop a political training centre. Once the centre is developed, the BJP will no longer have to hunt for venues in states neighbouring Delhi to hold events like orientation sessions or the National Executive.
The farm, earlier with the Surya Foundation (of Surya bulbs fame), has been used for training purposes in the past as well. BJP too has organised a few training camps here. Spread over 10 acres, the existing structure is equipped with buildings, rooms, dormitories, halls, gardens, playgrounds and a vegetable garden.
“It is located in an ideal surrounding away from the crowd and is very peaceful,” chairman of Surya Foundation Jai Prakash Agrawal (Surya) said.
On the BJP’s association with the foundation’s farm, Surya said the BJP too was holding sessions at the farm facility.
“The BJP for a long time had been doing programmes in different parts of the country. Finding common ground in the thought process that social work training is needed in the field of politics, we requested them to hold such management, personality development and political training camps at Jhinjoli. BJP has training teams across the country,” Surya said.
Dr Shyama Prasad Mookerjee Trust — which is named after the founder of the BJP — has been holding training programmes and also publishing literature.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
When asked how the BJP came to zero in on this specific facility, Surya said, “The trust has a training centre called Mahalgi Prabodhini on the outskirts of Mumbai, which is a big complex for conducting residential political training camps. The party then decided to have a similar training facility near Delhi. One of the options was the Jhinjholi Training Centre, also known as Sadhana Sthali Jhinjholi.”
So, the land was sold to Dr Shyama Prasad Mookerjee Trust for the purpose of holding orientations and training programmes of the BJP, the Surya Foundation chairman said.
According to senior BJP leaders, the party plans to upgrade the present training centre there with modern facilities for its ‘karyakartas’ and elected representatives. “The BJP will also impart good governance training to those who are at different levels of the government, including those at the municipal corporation, state and national level,” the leader said.