With Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan choosing to skip Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s function in Nagpur Thursday, a war of words ensued between the Congress and the BJP as they accused each other of undermining the democratic system.
Chavan issued a statement Thursday morning expressing his inability to share the dais with Modi. However, he thanked the Centre for sanctioning the Nagpur Metro and viability funds for the project.
In a sharp retort, state BJP president Devendra Fadnavis said: “It is extremely unfortunate that the chief minister has decided not to attend the Prime Minister of the country who has arrived in the state to conduct the bhoomipujan of development projects.”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Referring to the hostile crowd at a function in Solapur where Chavan shared dais with Modi, he said the CM should “know the mood of the state”. “CM sir pls know d mood of d state. U choose not to attend Prog with @narendramodi ji, now ppl will elect a CM who works for his dream India,” Fadnavis tweeted.