Defending Union minister Nihalchand Meghwal who has been issued a notice by a Jaipur court in a sexual assault case, BJP’s Rajasthan unit on Wednesday said there was no question of his resignation as it was a conspiracy by Congress leaders.
“There is no question of Nihalchand’s resignation as it is Congress leaders’ conspiracy,” BJP’s state unit president Ashok Parnami said at a press conference here.
He slammed chairperson of National Commission for Women Mamta Sharma for demanding that the Prime Minister sacks Nihalchand.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Parnami said, “The Congress and its women workers who held a protest in Delhi on Tuesday were doing cheap politics and maligning the image and prestige of Rajasthan after Nihalchand became a minister at the Centre.”
After its debacle in Assembly and Lok Sabha elections the Congress is left with no other issues, and hence the party is raising the matter without reading its facts, as this case had earlier been closed by police and local court (metropolitan), Parnami said.
He said the notice issued by the District and Sessions Court would be examined by legal experts.
Alleging that the Congress was making baseless charges to tarnish the image of the BJP governments at the Centre and in the state, Parnami said the Vasundhara Raje-led government in Rajasthan was fully sensitive towards women issues and taking all steps to contain crime against them.