Defending Union minister Nihalchand Meghwal who has been issued a notice by a Jaipur court in a sexual assault case, BJP’s Rajasthan unit on Wednesday said there was no question of his resignation as it was a conspiracy by Congress leaders.
“There is no question of Nihalchand’s resignation as it is Congress leaders’ conspiracy,” BJP’s state unit president Ashok Parnami said at a press conference here.
He slammed chairperson of National Commission for Women Mamta Sharma for demanding that the Prime Minister sacks Nihalchand.
Parnami said, “The Congress and its women workers who held a protest in Delhi on Tuesday were doing cheap politics and maligning the image and prestige of Rajasthan after Nihalchand became a minister at the Centre.”
After its debacle in Assembly and Lok Sabha elections the Congress is left with no other issues, and hence the party is raising the matter without reading its facts, as this case had earlier been closed by police and local court (metropolitan), Parnami said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
He said the notice issued by the District and Sessions Court would be examined by legal experts.
Alleging that the Congress was making baseless charges to tarnish the image of the BJP governments at the Centre and in the state, Parnami said the Vasundhara Raje-led government in Rajasthan was fully sensitive towards women issues and taking all steps to contain crime against them.