The BJP on Saturday formalised a list of office-bearers of its parliamentary party with Prime Minister Narendra Modi as its leader. This newly constituted BJP Parliamentary Party Executive Committee will chalk out the floor strategy of the party ahead of every Parliament session.
While Modi was elected as the leader of BJP Parliamentary Party on May 20, the other office-bearers of the parliamentary party were not announced. The party on Saturday announced Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley as deputy leader of the Parliamentary Party in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha respectively.
While Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu will be the Government Chief Whip, Santosh Gangwar (Lok Sabha) and Prakash Javadekar (Rajya Sabha) will act as Government Deputy Chief Whips in their respective Houses.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
But the party has decided to appoint Arjun Ram Meghwal as BJP chief whip in Lok Sabha with Avinash Rai Khanna as his counterpart in the Rajya Sabha. Assisting Meghwal will be 13 other members, including Om Birla (Rajasthan) and Parvesh Verma (Delhi), drawn from 11 states as whips of the party in Lok Sabha. Likewise, the party nominated three members as BJP whips in Rajya Sabha.
The BJP also announced Lok Sabha MP from Satna Ganesh Singh as the party’s Parliamentary Party secretary in Lok Sabha with Bhupendra Yadav as his counterpart in the Rajya Sabha. Party leader from Karnataka P C Mohan will act as treasurer for the BJP parliamentary party.