Maharashtra Congress on Sunday said the transfer and subsequent resignation of Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan is yet another bid by the BJP-led Central government to belittle the importance and prestige of constitutional posts.
In a statement issued here, Maharashtra Congress party president Manikrao Thakre said bureaucrats ask governors to step down and if they don’t comply, transfer orders are issued after midnight.
“This is a dangerous trend in a democracy,” he said. He said Prime Minister’s official engagements are used for politics. Chief Ministers are humiliated in Prime Minister’s presence, he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen