Three doctors, including the owner of a private hospital, have been arrested for allegedly sheltering the accused in the murder of local BJP leader Om Vir Singh here, police said.
According to Circle Officer Mahesh Mishra, the trio of doctors – Adip Kotpal, owner of the private hospital, its manager Kirshan Kumar and one Ramkumar — were on Thursday arrested in the district’s Mirapur town.
The three doctors have been taken into custody for sheltering accused Monu after admitting him at their private hospital for treatment without informing police. Police said that Monu, who has been accused of shooting Singh dead in an attack on June 10, was himself shot in the process and went to the said hospital for treatment.
The 47-year-old Singh, also known as ‘Fauji’, was a retired army man and the vice-president of the BJP unit in Mirapur town.
According to police, he was out for a morning walk on June 10 when two assailants fired multiple shots at him. Singh, who had a licensed revolver on him, fired back at the attackers, injuring one of them. But the attackers managed to snatch the gun from him before fleeing.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile, after being arrested on June 11 for the murder of Singh, Monu has now been placed in judicial custody at the Medical College in Meerut.