Three doctors, including the owner of a private hospital, have been arrested for allegedly sheltering the accused in the murder of local BJP leader Om Vir Singh here, police said.
According to Circle Officer Mahesh Mishra, the trio of doctors – Adip Kotpal, owner of the private hospital, its manager Kirshan Kumar and one Ramkumar — were on Thursday arrested in the district’s Mirapur town.
The three doctors have been taken into custody for sheltering accused Monu after admitting him at their private hospital for treatment without informing police. Police said that Monu, who has been accused of shooting Singh dead in an attack on June 10, was himself shot in the process and went to the said hospital for treatment.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The 47-year-old Singh, also known as ‘Fauji’, was a retired army man and the vice-president of the BJP unit in Mirapur town.
According to police, he was out for a morning walk on June 10 when two assailants fired multiple shots at him. Singh, who had a licensed revolver on him, fired back at the attackers, injuring one of them. But the attackers managed to snatch the gun from him before fleeing.
Meanwhile, after being arrested on June 11 for the murder of Singh, Monu has now been placed in judicial custody at the Medical College in Meerut.