A BJP-organised Daawat-e-Roza iftar at Haj House in South Mumbai Wednesday did not see any member of its key ally the Shiv Sena.
The iftar included Shahnawaz Hussain, Mumbai BJP president Ashish Shelar, and city leaders Raj Purohit, Ganesh Pandey and Mohit Kamboj. When asked, Shelar told The Indian Express, “This is a BJP iftar party organised every year. Shiv Sena is a separate party. Why will it attend the function?” He said Sena members never attend such events. Hyder Azam, the organiser, too said Shiv Sena was not invited.
After the iftar, Hussain told the media, “I was hurt to hear about this episode. Since it is the holy month of Ramzan, one should make sure that our actions do not hurt anyone. Even if the MP had problems with the food, he should have complained to the railway minister or to the IRCTC.” He, however, added it appeared that the MP was not aware that the supervisor was a Muslim or that he was fasting.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Shelar said, “Vichare has already expressed regret over this incident. The matter is now over and I don’t think politicians or media should politicise this issue.” He added nobody supported the behaviour meted out to the IRCTC staffer.
The evening saw another iftar, hosted by the NCP at Islam Gymkhana. Nawab Malik, who organised the event, demanded an apology from Shiv Sena at the event. “If they do not apologise, criminal action should be taken against them,” he said.
AAP too calls for probe by Speaker
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party demanded that a time-bound inquiry be ordered by the Lok Sabha Speaker. Calling the acts of the Shiv Sena MPs “shameful and inhuman”, it said in an statement, “The Speaker should immediately seek the entire documentary and video evidence and proceed with the probe to safeguard the dignity of Parliament….. The video evidence leaves no doubt that the Shiv Sena MPs, drunk with arrogance of power, resorted to inhuman behavior against a catering supervisor.”