A BJP-organised Daawat-e-Roza iftar at Haj House in South Mumbai Wednesday did not see any member of its key ally the Shiv Sena.
The iftar included Shahnawaz Hussain, Mumbai BJP president Ashish Shelar, and city leaders Raj Purohit, Ganesh Pandey and Mohit Kamboj. When asked, Shelar told The Indian Express, “This is a BJP iftar party organised every year. Shiv Sena is a separate party. Why will it attend the function?” He said Sena members never attend such events. Hyder Azam, the organiser, too said Shiv Sena was not invited.
After the iftar, Hussain told the media, “I was hurt to hear about this episode. Since it is the holy month of Ramzan, one should make sure that our actions do not hurt anyone. Even if the MP had problems with the food, he should have complained to the railway minister or to the IRCTC.” He, however, added it appeared that the MP was not aware that the supervisor was a Muslim or that he was fasting.
Shelar said, “Vichare has already expressed regret over this incident. The matter is now over and I don’t think politicians or media should politicise this issue.” He added nobody supported the behaviour meted out to the IRCTC staffer.
The evening saw another iftar, hosted by the NCP at Islam Gymkhana. Nawab Malik, who organised the event, demanded an apology from Shiv Sena at the event. “If they do not apologise, criminal action should be taken against them,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
AAP too calls for probe by Speaker
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party demanded that a time-bound inquiry be ordered by the Lok Sabha Speaker. Calling the acts of the Shiv Sena MPs “shameful and inhuman”, it said in an statement, “The Speaker should immediately seek the entire documentary and video evidence and proceed with the probe to safeguard the dignity of Parliament….. The video evidence leaves no doubt that the Shiv Sena MPs, drunk with arrogance of power, resorted to inhuman behavior against a catering supervisor.”