- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
BJP complains to EC on derogatory remarks against Hema Malini on Facebook
BJP has lodged a complaint with Election Commission alleging that defamatory comments had been made against the party’s candidate from Mathura Lok Sabha seat Hema Malini on Facebook.
Similar complaints have been filed with district collector, who is the Returning Officer, as well as senior superintendent of police, BJP district unit general secretary Ajay Kumar Pohiya said today.
He said derogatory comments had been made against the actor-turned-politician in the Facebook post.
“We have demanded action into the matter,” Pohiya said.
SSP Akhilesh Kumar Meena said the authenticity of the complaint is being verified by the cyber cell of the police here, following which appropriate action will be taken.