Accusing Rahul Gandhi and Congress of flouting the Model Code of Conduct, BJP on Sunday complained to the Election Commission over his remarks linking RSS to Mahatma Gandhi’s killing and sought action against the Congress Vice President and derecognition of the party.
In a memorandum to Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath, BJP charged Gandhi and his party with being “habitual offenders” of the poll code and flaring up communal tension ahead of elections.
“It is prayed that appropriate action may kindly be taken against the Indian National Congress as well as Rahul Gandhi, MP and Vice President, Indian National Congress for violating the Model Code of Conduct and the recognition of Indian National Congress as a National Party may kindly be withdrawn immediately for repeated violations of the Model Code of Conduct,” it said.
BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said the entire tone and tenor of Gandhi’s speech was to incite the feelings of the people and create hatred towards BJP as well as RSS.
He said his statement makes it clear the aim is to put across absolutely false and baseless notions in the minds of the people that BJP creates confrontation and enmity between Hindus and Muslims as well as amongst other communities and regions.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“The intention of Rahul Gandhi was to incite the feelings of the people by falsely portraying the RSS to be responsible for his (Mahatma Gandhi’s) death and further create a sense of fear amongst the Hindus, Muslims and other communities that the BJP will create tensions between them,” Naqvi said in the memorandum.
He said the statements of Gandhi “are not only false, disgraceful, condemnable, baseless but also an utter violation of the Model Code of Conduct as well as established democratic practices”.
“It is an attempt to mislead the people of the country by character assassination of the BJP, RSS and its members, based on completely false and baseless allegations and propaganda,” he said.