The BJP on Friday launched a 68-page long “chargesheet” against the Congress-led UPA government terming the UPA’s 10-year-long reign as “a dark decade in governance”.
The BJP accused the PM of “compromising the dignity and integrity of the office of the prime minister” and said that instead of operating as the “final authority”, he worked more like “the CEO of a company” where the board was headed by Sonia and Rahul Gandhi.
Alleging that Manmohan Singh “made all compromises to remain in office”, the chargesheet said the PM failed to make a single intervention to contain the series of scams and loot of public money.
The BJP also said UPA chairperson Sonia and Congress vice-president Rahul must share blame because “they wanted authority without accountability”. BJP leader Ravishankar Prasad, who unveiled the chargesheet, alleged the Congress had given the pride of place to “soft faces of Maoist-Leftist extremist violence” in the Sonia-led NAC, thereby weakening the fight against Left Wing Extremism. Targeting Defence Minister A K Antony, Prasad said the so-called “honest and clean defence minister” had actually become a symbol of “inaction and indecision”.
Blaming the UPA for destroying the economy, the chargehseet accuses the government of decimating the value of the rupee, failing to control price rise and slowing down infrastructure development. It lists 11 major scams under the UPA government, including the Robert Vadra land scam, cash-for-vote scam, Adarsh housing scam, AugustaWestland chopper scam, Tatra truck scam and KG basin oil scam among others.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The chargeshseet does a sector-wise dissection of the UPA’s performance and counts its many alleged failures in education, health, defence, internal and external security besides “weak” foreign policy.
It accuses the Congress of undermining important institutions like CAG, CVC, CBI, Joint Parliamentary Committees and the Public Accounts Committee among others. Tearing into the UPA on foreign policy issues, Prasad said delinking of terrorism and a dialogue with Pakistan were the biggest failures, focused on how Indo-US relations have plunged to an all-time low and how India gave up oil exploration in South China sea under pressure from China.
He said it was important to release this chargesheet before the BJP manifesto on April 7 to “remind people of UPA’s past”.