The BJP on Tuesday challenged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar “to prove” when Prime Minister Narendra Modi promised that Rs 15 lakh will be deposited in every Indian’s bank account once all the black money stashed in foreign countries is brought back.
“I am challenging Kumar to prove when and where the Prime Minister said that Rs 15 lakh will be deposited in every person’s bank account once all the black money is recovered,” senior BJP leader and former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said.
Modi said Kumar continuously attributed such a falsity to the PM and kept harping on it without any proof.
- Demonetisation anniversary LIVE updates: PM Modi thanks people for supporting note ban, shares video on 'benefits'
- Congress flays PM Modi for 'zero action' against black money
- CM Nitish Kumar demands central status for Patna University, gets no reaction from PM Modi
- PM Modi announces Rs 10,000-crore package to transform 20 Indian varsities into world class institutions
- PM Narendra Modi in Bihar tomorrow, ally JD(U)’s hopes up
- Rs 1.25 lakh crore Bihar package: PM Modi to launch projects on October 14, says Nitish Kumar
“What the Prime Minister had said that there was so much black money stashed abroad that it was enough to make roads to connect all villages, install hand-pumps and provide basic amenities to everybody. But, Kumar twisted it wrongly,” Modi added.
Modi was speaking while sharing the dais with LJP chief and Union Minister for Food and Public Distribution, Ram Vilas Paswan at Hindustan Samagam programme, organised by a vernacular daily to set the agenda for the upcoming assembly elections.
Slamming Kumar further, the senior BJP leader said he went against the public mandate against RJD chief Lalu Prasad just to go against Narendra Modi.
“Kumar was given the mandate to check the ‘jungle raj’ (rule of forest) of Prasad, but he shook hands with him just to go against Narendra Modi. The public is much aware about things. It will ask him why he did so and betrayed their trust,” he said.
Modi, who is also the Leader of Opposition in Bihar Legislative Council, challenged the Bihar CM to name any new scheme or achievement by him after he broke away from NDA in June 2013.