BJP candidate and popular singer Babul Supriyo on Tuesday surrendered before a local court and obtained bail in connection with a criminal case for blockade of National Highway 60 allegedly by him along with party workers on April 12.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Aniruddha Maity granted him bail for 14 days till May 5 next.
Supriyo, BJP candidate for Asansol Lok Sabha constituency, had allegedly blocked the National Highway 60, near Raniganj, to air protest against an attack on a party procession allegedly by Trinamool Congress supporters on April 12.
The 44-year-old Bollywood playback singer had already been booked for six other cases, including one under Arms Act, for allegedly intimidating Trinamool Congress workers brandishing fire arms the same day.
Coming out of the court, Supriyo told reporters that he had been implicated in false cases and demanded CBI enquiry into the cases.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He is fighting mainly against the sitting CPI(M) MP Bansagopal Chowdhury and Trinamool candidate and labour leader Dola Sen.