Indian Express

BJP candidate Babul Supriyo surrenders and gets bail

Comments
Coming out of the court, Supriyo told reporters that he had been implicated in false cases and demanded CBI enquiry into the cases. (Express photo) Coming out of the court, Supriyo told reporters that he had been implicated in false cases and demanded CBI enquiry into the cases. (Express photo)

BJP candidate and popular singer Babul Supriyo on Tuesday surrendered before a local court and obtained bail in connection with a criminal case for blockade of National Highway 60 allegedly by him along with party workers on April 12.

Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Aniruddha Maity granted him bail for 14 days till May 5 next.

Supriyo, BJP candidate for Asansol Lok Sabha constituency, had allegedly blocked the National Highway 60, near Raniganj, to air protest against an attack on a party procession allegedly by Trinamool Congress supporters on April 12.

The 44-year-old Bollywood playback singer had already been booked for six other cases, including one under Arms Act, for allegedly intimidating Trinamool Congress workers brandishing fire arms the same day.

Coming out of the court, Supriyo told reporters that he had been implicated in false cases and demanded CBI enquiry into the cases.

He is fighting mainly against the sitting CPI(M) MP Bansagopal Chowdhury and Trinamool candidate and labour leader Dola Sen.

comments powered by Disqus