Accusing Aam Aadmi Party of spreading anarchy and vitiating the atmosphere ahead of polls, BJP on Thursday approached the Election Commission and demanded strict action against it, including the party’s derecognition.
BJP also alleged that some foreign forces were behind such violent incidents to create instability in the country and demanded a probe.
A delegation of BJP leaders including party Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, Shyam Jaju and Delhi unit chief Harshvardhan met Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath and ECs H S Brahma and S N A Zaidi and handed over a memorandum to them against AAP.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“AAP and its workers have indulged in violence and anarchy on the first day of the Model Code of Conduct that came into force yesterday. AAP has tried to spread anarchy and instability through its violence and wants to further vitiate the peaceful atmosphere ahead of Lok Sabha elections.
“We have asked the Election Commission to initiate steps against the new outfit to stop it from disturbing the peaceful atmosphere. We fear more such incidents in the coming days and have asked the EC to take steps so that such instability and anarchy is not spread by AAP.
It seems some foreign forces are conspiring to create instability in the country,” Naqvi said.
He said the EC assured the delegation that stern steps will be taken against such incidents and those involved in yesterday’s violence and that no one will be permitted to vitiate and disturb the peaceful atmosphere during polls.
He accused AAP of being “the gentle face of Maoism” and said they think they are a law unto themselves. “They are trying to hijack democracy through anarchy,” he charged.
The BJP delegation also handed over a CD of yesterday’s violent incidents outside the BJP headquarters here and demanded a probe and action against those working at the behest of “some foreign forces” that threaten democratic system in the country.
Harshvardhan said the EC told the delegation that it will look into the complaint and that no political outfit will be allowed to disturb the democratic traditions in the country.
He said the Delhi BJP unit in a meeting of all senior leaders today passed a resolution against the violence by AAP and urged the President of India and the Union Home Minister to take serious note of yesterday’s incidents and take stern steps, including derecognition of AAP in national interest.