BJP on Thursday claimed that “miserable failure” of the Congress to create a separate Telangana peacefully,its lack of ideological commitment on the issue and internal divisions within the ruling party have led to an anarchic situation in Andhra Pradesh.
“The Centre has miserably failed to create a separate state of Telangana peacefully. Instead of arriving at a peaceful bifurcation of the state,the Congress has created a chaotic situation and divided the people of Telangana and Seemandhra regions,” BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
The party alleged that the “clumsy handling” of the issue by the Congress has created an “anarchic situation” in the state.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
It said Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy is opposed to bifurcation of the state.
“He is up and against the handling of the situation by the central leadership. This can happen only in the Congress,wherein its own chief minister is against the (Congress) party’s decision,” Javadekar said.
BJP maintained that the situation has deteriorated as Congress has no ideological commitment to the issue and is only concerned about electoral convenience.
“The anxiety and apprehensions in Seemandhra region are actually the reflection of serious concerns of the people there and speaks volumes about the inaptitude of the Congress government,” Javadekar said.
The main Opposition said it is firmly committed to the creation of Telangana as it feels this will pave the way for the peaceful coexistence of the states and rapid economic progress.
Asked about TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu reaching out to the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi,Javadekar stated that it shows the growing support for the Gujarat chief minister cutting across regions.