BJP on Thursday claimed that “miserable failure” of the Congress to create a separate Telangana peacefully,its lack of ideological commitment on the issue and internal divisions within the ruling party have led to an anarchic situation in Andhra Pradesh.
“The Centre has miserably failed to create a separate state of Telangana peacefully. Instead of arriving at a peaceful bifurcation of the state,the Congress has created a chaotic situation and divided the people of Telangana and Seemandhra regions,” BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
The party alleged that the “clumsy handling” of the issue by the Congress has created an “anarchic situation” in the state.
It said Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy is opposed to bifurcation of the state.
“He is up and against the handling of the situation by the central leadership. This can happen only in the Congress,wherein its own chief minister is against the (Congress) party’s decision,” Javadekar said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
BJP maintained that the situation has deteriorated as Congress has no ideological commitment to the issue and is only concerned about electoral convenience.
“The anxiety and apprehensions in Seemandhra region are actually the reflection of serious concerns of the people there and speaks volumes about the inaptitude of the Congress government,” Javadekar said.
The main Opposition said it is firmly committed to the creation of Telangana as it feels this will pave the way for the peaceful coexistence of the states and rapid economic progress.
Asked about TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu reaching out to the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi,Javadekar stated that it shows the growing support for the Gujarat chief minister cutting across regions.