Hemendra Chandra Singh, Biju Janata Dal (BJP) MP from Kandhamal Lok Sabha constituency and scion of Nayagarh royal family, passed away on Thursday night at a private hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Singh, 46, was admitted in a city-based private hospital on Monday after he complained of chest pain and difficulty in breathing. His condition turned critical as he developed multiple organ failure following septicaemia.
He slipped into coma and was put on ventilator. A team of experts from AIIMS examined him and wanted to fly him to New Delhi through Air Ambulance. But it was ruled out after his condition deteriorated.
He is survived by his wife, a son and daughter.
Singh, a fomer Congress leader, had joined BJD before this year’s Lok Sabha election and was given a ticket for Kandhamal. It was his maiden entry to Lok Sabha. A passout from Rajkumar College, Singh was a stockbroker.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review