Hemendra Chandra Singh, Biju Janata Dal (BJP) MP from Kandhamal Lok Sabha constituency and scion of Nayagarh royal family, passed away on Thursday night at a private hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Singh, 46, was admitted in a city-based private hospital on Monday after he complained of chest pain and difficulty in breathing. His condition turned critical as he developed multiple organ failure following septicaemia.
He slipped into coma and was put on ventilator. A team of experts from AIIMS examined him and wanted to fly him to New Delhi through Air Ambulance. But it was ruled out after his condition deteriorated.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He is survived by his wife, a son and daughter.
Singh, a fomer Congress leader, had joined BJD before this year’s Lok Sabha election and was given a ticket for Kandhamal. It was his maiden entry to Lok Sabha. A passout from Rajkumar College, Singh was a stockbroker.