A bill to include as well as exclude certain communities from the list of Scheduled Castes category was introduced in the Lok Sabha on Monday. The bill seeks to bring certain modifications in the SC list in the states of Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Tripura and Sikkim. Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawar Chand Gehlot introduced the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Orders (Amendment) Bill, 2014.
“The state governments of Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Tripura and Sikkim have proposed certain modifications in the list of Scheduled Castes, by way of inclusion of certain communities in the case of first four states and exclusion of an entry in the case of Sikkim,” the bill said.
The Registrar General of India and the National Commission for Scheduled Castes have conveyed their concurrence to the proposed modifications. With the changes, there would be some additional recurring and non-recurring expenditure on account of benefits of
schemes meant for the development of SC to which the persons belonging to the newly added communities would become entitled.
“It is not possible to estimate with any degree of precision the likely expenditure which would have to be incurred on this account due to non-availability of caste-wise data,” the bill said.
The bill seeks to further amend the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order, 1950 and the Constitution (Sikkim) Scheduled Castes Order, 1978.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More