Annoyed with her six-year-old son for stealing Rs 5 to buy corn puffs, a woman allegedly set him ablaze in Bikaner, police said on Monday.
The boy sustained burn injuries and is being treated at the PBM government hospital, police said.
“Primary investigation reveals that Rukhsana saw her son Sahil stealing Rs 5 from a box without telling her on Monday. Annoyed over the act, she set him ablaze. Other family members rescued him and rushed to the hospital,” Investigating Officer Hanumana Ram said.
- Woman set on fire after rape by father-in-law, dies
- Sambhal: Cop held, son booked for kidnapping, raping woman
- Rajasthan: Man held for burning to death two wives in car, showing it as mishap
- Mother and daughter murdered in Noida, juvenile son suspect
- Woman, daughter murdered in Noida, juvenile son suspect
- Woman techie set ablaze by spurned youth in Chennai
An FIR was registered against the woman last night with Naya Shahar police station.
No arrest could be made so far in this connection, he added.