Annoyed with her six-year-old son for stealing Rs 5 to buy corn puffs, a woman allegedly set him ablaze in Bikaner, police said on Monday.
The boy sustained burn injuries and is being treated at the PBM government hospital, police said.
“Primary investigation reveals that Rukhsana saw her son Sahil stealing Rs 5 from a box without telling her on Monday. Annoyed over the act, she set him ablaze. Other family members rescued him and rushed to the hospital,” Investigating Officer Hanumana Ram said.
- ‘Rape victim’ tries to set herself on fire outside DGP office
- Mohali Woman dies in brawl over land dispute
- Girl burnt to death in Jaipur; jilted lover, his father detained
- Five gunned down in Faridabad, sarpanch’s husband detained
- Assailants’ kin beg for forgiveness from injured traffic constables
- Delhi: 24-year-old woman set on fire over dowry, dies
An FIR was registered against the woman last night with Naya Shahar police station.
No arrest could be made so far in this connection, he added.