Bihar government on Thursday said it would intensify the drive to verify educational degrees of contractual teachers appointed between 2000 and 2011. Speaking on behalf of the government, Water Resources Minister Bijay Kumar Choudhary said the government would ensure that teachers having got jobs on forged degrees are removed in due course.
The Opposition BJP demanded en block degree verification drive to “cleanse the educational system” in the state.
Choudhary was reacting to The Indian Express report that 20,000 teachers of the 1.42 lakh appointed during mass recruitment of teachers between 2006 and 2011 may have got jobs on the basis of forged education and professional degrees. Choudhary said, “Though degree verification continues, we will ensure there are speedy disposal of complaints of fake degrees.”
Sources said Chief Minister Jeetan Ram Manjhi had taken up the matter with Education Minister Brishen Patel and asked to “speed up” the degree verification.
Primary Education Joint Director R S Singh said, “It is true that we verify education degrees of teachers only in case of complaints. Though it is a continuous process, we are trying to ensure through district education officers that teachers with fake degrees are removed as and when we find their degrees are forged.”
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
BJP legislature party leader Sushil Kumar Modi said, “We demand en block verification of contract teachers’ degrees. The government must not wait for complaints and verify degrees of all 1.42 lakh teachers. Bad teachers have been only affecting the education system.” He said the Opposition would take up the matter during the ongoing session of Legislative Council and Legislative Assembly”
BJP state chief Mangal Pandey said there are no way teachers with forged degrees can be allowed to Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee president Ashok Kumar Choudhary said his party demanded immediate removal of teachers with fake degrees.
“Such teachers must be thrown out and opportunity should be given to genuine candidates,” he said.