Bihar government on Thursday said it would intensify the drive to verify educational degrees of contractual teachers appointed between 2000 and 2011. Speaking on behalf of the government, Water Resources Minister Bijay Kumar Choudhary said the government would ensure that teachers having got jobs on forged degrees are removed in due course.
The Opposition BJP demanded en block degree verification drive to “cleanse the educational system” in the state.
Choudhary was reacting to The Indian Express report that 20,000 teachers of the 1.42 lakh appointed during mass recruitment of teachers between 2006 and 2011 may have got jobs on the basis of forged education and professional degrees. Choudhary said, “Though degree verification continues, we will ensure there are speedy disposal of complaints of fake degrees.”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Sources said Chief Minister Jeetan Ram Manjhi had taken up the matter with Education Minister Brishen Patel and asked to “speed up” the degree verification.
Primary Education Joint Director R S Singh said, “It is true that we verify education degrees of teachers only in case of complaints. Though it is a continuous process, we are trying to ensure through district education officers that teachers with fake degrees are removed as and when we find their degrees are forged.”
BJP legislature party leader Sushil Kumar Modi said, “We demand en block verification of contract teachers’ degrees. The government must not wait for complaints and verify degrees of all 1.42 lakh teachers. Bad teachers have been only affecting the education system.” He said the Opposition would take up the matter during the ongoing session of Legislative Council and Legislative Assembly”
BJP state chief Mangal Pandey said there are no way teachers with forged degrees can be allowed to Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee president Ashok Kumar Choudhary said his party demanded immediate removal of teachers with fake degrees.
“Such teachers must be thrown out and opportunity should be given to genuine candidates,” he said.