National Highway-57 (Muzaffarpur-Purnea), on the Golden Quadrilateral (GQ) route, will soon have a hospital and trauma centre at Araria Sangram village in Madhubani district of Bihar. The stretch between Darbhanga and Phulparas on this highway has seen over 200 road accidents in the last two years.
The Bihar government has sanctioned the 30-bed hospital at Araria Sangram village at the cost of Rs 4.76 crore. Once this hospital opens, it will house a trauma centre, which will be funded by the Central government.
The Centre had earlier decided to open the trauma centre at a referral hospital in Jhanjharpur, but has now agreed to Araria Sangram village because of its proximity to NH-57 — the 310 km stretch between Muzaffarpur and Purnea.
“The hospital is coming up on 1.90 acres of land donated by MLC Sanjay Jha. We successfully requested the Centre to shift trauma centre to the proposed hospital at Araria Sangram village. The trauma centre will serve its purpose better as the upcoming hospital is near the NH,” Principal Secretary to the government Deepak Kumar said.
He added that the state government would also coordinate with the Centre to open other hospitals and trauma centres along the GQ and East-West corridors.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More