Son of a former RJD minister was beaten to death by public at a Samastipur village after he was trying to escape following a failed attempt of vehicle theft on intervening night of Saturday and Sunday.
Police said the incident took place at around 1.30 am when Rajiv Sahni (25), son of former RJD minister Ramashray Sahni, tried running away from Asimchak Sethia village, under Dalsingsarai police station, after a failed bid to steal a pick-up van from a common parking.
According to Dalisingsarai police station in-charge Animesh Kumar, “Rajiv was caught by some villagers when he and his accomplice Rajaram Kevat tried to flee from the spot after failed theft bid. While four suspected thieves managed to run away in the car they had come, Sahni and Kevat were overpowered by the villagers.”
The police further said: “We took the two to Dalsingsarai hospital where Sahni was declared brought dead. Kevat is out of danger but he has been referred to Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital.” Samastipur SP Babu Ram said the police had been questioning villagers for mob justice.
RJD spokesperson Mrityunjay Kumar Tiwari told The Indian Express: “It was duty of police to find out if Sahni was a vehicle thief or not. Police should take stern action against those taking law in their hands”.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Police sources said the Sahni had several complaints of vehicle thefts against him.
A few years ago, 10 suspected thieves were beaten to death at Rajapakad under Vaishali.