One more person died in floods in Patna district, taking the toll due to inundation in Bihar to 10 even as major rivers today showed receding trend.
One person drowned in the flood water in the Ghoswari block of rural Patna last night, Joint Secretary in Disaster Management Department (DMD) Sunil Kumar said.
So far 10 people have lost their lives due to the floods in the state although all major rivers were showing receding trend this morning, he said.
The Commandant of 9 NDRF Battalion Vijay Sinha also said that except for Bagmati in Muzaffarpur, water in major rivers had started coming down.
The DMD joint secretary said that flood water came on NH 30 at Belchi in Patna district.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The relief and evacuation work continued in 13 districts under floods in Bihar, the DMD and the NDRF officials said. Kumar said that a total 13,111 people had been evacuated and put up in 76 relief camps in various places so far.
He said about 11 lakh people particularly in north Bihar had been affected by the floods in Bihar.
Sinha said that more than 600 personnel were engaged in evacuation and relief work in marooned areas.
Besides, 8 battalion of NDRF from Bihta, headquarters of the force in Bihar, four battalions had come from West Bengal to help the flood-hit people, he said.
The flood-hit districts are Patna, Gopalganj, East Champaran, Sheikhpura, Darbhanga, Nalanda, West Champaran, Supaul, Saharasa, Nawada, Sitamarhi, Khagaria and Muzaffarpur.