Nitish Kumar-led Bihar government came under fire on Tuesday after the reports emerged that a CRPF official Indrajeet died due to delay in medical assistance provided to him.
BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad termed the incident as ‘shameful’ and demanded a probe into the matter. “It is unfortunate and shameful that a CRPF official kept pleading for help for two hours in Bihar but died helpless.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Former Bihar’s deputy chief minister and BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi also attacked the Bihar government for its preparedness to handle such situations. Modi took to micro-blogging site Twitter in condemning the incident.
CRPF official injured while diffusing bomb died because Helicopter reached after 2 hr & no Dr in Hospital.Is this the preparedness of govt?
— Sushil Kumar Modi (@SushilModi) April 8, 2014
Three CRPF personnel were on Monday killed and eight other security officials injured when a landmine planted by Maoists in Bihar’s Aurangabad district went off while it was being defused.
The deceased were Deputy Commandant Indrajeet and jawans – Pawan Dahia and T Punnarao.