In a major breakthrough, Army busted a militant hideout on Sunday and seized a war-like cache of arms and explosives, including 60 kgs of RDX and 104 explosive devices, in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Troops of Rastriya Rifles, on a specific information, launched a massive search operation in Keshwan forest belt of Kishtwar district, Ministry of Defence spokesperson M Mehta said here on Sunday.
“This is the biggest recovery made by the troops this year in Jammu region and perhaps the largest one in the past few years in Kishtwar,” he said.
A big haul of arms, ammunition and explosives, including 60 kgs of RDX, one kg of Russian Marking explosive, 2 kgs of unidentified explosives, one AK series rifle, one plain rifle, three 12-bore rifles, two pistols were recovered from the hideout, he said.
Besides this, the troops also recovered 104 explosive devices, including 43 hand grenades, 3 Rocket Projectile Grenades (RPGs), 40 detonators and 19 UBGL grenades, he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest