Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda was on Tuesday left red faced as a hostile crowd hooted him at a function in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s presence, following which the angry Congress leader said he would boycott such events with PM.
Hooda faced the embarrassment during the foundation stone laying function of a highway project by Modi. As he rose to deliver his speech, the crowd gathered there raised slogans against him and the Congress government.
As Hooda hurriedly continued to read out from his prepared speech, Modi waved to the crowds urging them to remain calm. However, the people were in no mood to pay heed and continued to interrupt the chief minister’s speech, which was lost in the din. There was continuous hooting against the two-time Chief Minister of Haryana, which goes to polls in October, and pro-Modi slogans were raised, much to Hooda’s discomfort.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Later, a fuming Chief Minister blamed BJP for the incident. Speaking to reporters, Hooda said that the BJP “has not done a right thing” with him. “I will not participate in any such function of the Prime Minister in future,” he said.
Hooda said that it was an official function and the BJP has violated the “sanctity” of the occasion and added he will stay away from such events in future. Amid hot and sultry weather conditions, police and other security personnel faced a tough time controlling the crowds, which barged into the media enclosure as Modi began his speech after laying the foundation stone of the highway project.
Besides Hooda, the other Congress leader present atthe function was Haryana PWD (Bridge & Roads) Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala. Notably, a number of BJP leaders from the state includingmany party MPs from Haryana, besides Birender Singh, who recently joined the saffron party after deserting Congress, were also present on the occasion.
Hooda spoke at the function after Union Minister of State for Transport Krishan Pal Gurjar and Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari had addressed the gathering.