Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda was on Tuesday left red faced as a hostile crowd hooted him at a function in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s presence, following which the angry Congress leader said he would boycott such events with PM.
Hooda faced the embarrassment during the foundation stone laying function of a highway project by Modi. As he rose to deliver his speech, the crowd gathered there raised slogans against him and the Congress government.
As Hooda hurriedly continued to read out from his prepared speech, Modi waved to the crowds urging them to remain calm. However, the people were in no mood to pay heed and continued to interrupt the chief minister’s speech, which was lost in the din. There was continuous hooting against the two-time Chief Minister of Haryana, which goes to polls in October, and pro-Modi slogans were raised, much to Hooda’s discomfort.
Later, a fuming Chief Minister blamed BJP for the incident. Speaking to reporters, Hooda said that the BJP “has not done a right thing” with him. “I will not participate in any such function of the Prime Minister in future,” he said.
Hooda said that it was an official function and the BJP has violated the “sanctity” of the occasion and added he will stay away from such events in future. Amid hot and sultry weather conditions, police and other security personnel faced a tough time controlling the crowds, which barged into the media enclosure as Modi began his speech after laying the foundation stone of the highway project.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Besides Hooda, the other Congress leader present atthe function was Haryana PWD (Bridge & Roads) Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala. Notably, a number of BJP leaders from the state includingmany party MPs from Haryana, besides Birender Singh, who recently joined the saffron party after deserting Congress, were also present on the occasion.
Hooda spoke at the function after Union Minister of State for Transport Krishan Pal Gurjar and Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari had addressed the gathering.