Indian Mujahideen operative Yasin Bhatkal and his aide Asadullah Akhtar moved a city court on Wednesday claiming there was a threat to their lives inside Tihar Jail where they are currently lodged.
They also complained of “animal-like” treatment by the jail authorities.
In an application filed before District and Sessions Judge I S Mehta, the duo asked the court to issue directions to the Director General of Tihar Jail to ensure their security and safety in the prison.
“The attitude and behaviour of the jail authorities towards the accused persons is abusive and they are being treated even worse than animals,” said the plea filed by their counsel.
The court directed the jail authorities to respond to the plea and posted the matter for hearing on January 17.
The court will also consider a plea filed by the Karnataka Police seeking Bhatkal’s custody for his alleged role in the 2010 Bangalore blasts.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016